Support is probably the most important, but often overlooked aspect, when choosing any new software system.
Any software, no matter how smart it is, is only as good as its operators and the effectiveness of any training received.
We make sure you and your team are given full training within all appropriate areas of the product, and wherever practical we will endeavour to change the way the product works to better suit the way your staff like to work.
The main challenges for BoxTop and for any freight management software are wide but we have centred on these as essential…
- Always design solutions with the end-user in mind
- Keep it simple, don’t over complicate functions
- Provide help and assistance, free of charge and make it available on demand
- Help users feel comfortable with any changes they encounter
- Listen for feedback, constructive suggestions are always welcome
- Try not to use inappropriate jargon
We hope to demonstrate how handling information effectively will help users become more productive, competitive, raise levels of service, be more efficient and be able to work smarter and faster.
- Operating System: Windows 2012 Standard or R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Processor: Quad Core Intel Xeon
- Memory: 4GB RAM (32Bit) – 16GB RAM (64Bit)
- Disk Space: At least 10GB for BoxTop Server Software and an additional 10GB if you are considering a small number of remote users
- Screen Resolution: Minimum 1024 x 768 16-bit Colour or Higher
- Operating System: Windows 10 Professional or higher, Windows 11 Professional or higher
- Processor: Inter Core i3 (Intel Pentium D CPU Minimum)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Disk Space: 4GB
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 32-bit Colour (1024 x 768 16-bit Colour Minimum)
- At Least 2GB Free Hard Disk Space
BoxTop and Microsoft SQL Server deliver our shared data-platform vision by helping your organisation manage your data, any place, any time. Together, we provide the highest levels of security, reliability, and scalability for your mission-critical freight business.
To take advantage of new opportunities in today’s fast-moving business world, you need the ability to create and deploy a data-driven freight management solution quickly. Access data from across your enterprise and provide control over your data no matter where it’s stored – from the largest servers within a data centre or your own servers – to desktops and even mobile devices.
BoxTop and Microsoft SQL Server provide comprehensive freight forwarding software that delivers intelligence where your users want it.
Microsoft SQL Server versions 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 & 2019 are all supported.
Useable data is crucial for us and our customers. Using BoxTop provides the access and flexibility we need. BoxTop is fast, efficient and it links our offices in Runcorn, Heathrow, Toronto and Budapest together with improved productivity.
BoxTop has a wider vision on how our organisation operates. They work with us to deliver exactly what our customers need and consequently we have a smooth running process with expert support when we need it.
Before BoxTop it would take one person all day to process a trailer load of 800 Italian fashion items. Now it’s done at the press of a button. That’s the clear path of efficiency we tread with BoxTop. Their real understanding of freight forwarding and IT means we can deliver success right at the feet of our customers.
BoxTop has helped us significantly expand the range and quality of services we offer to our customers, without increasing our cost base.
For us BoxTop means – greater value and it’s good to have it on-board.
We have more to offer customers now, including much better visibility throughout the supply chain.
This is helping us win more business.
BoxTop has been a supplier to MIES International Ltd for the past 15 years. Their Intelligent Freight Management Systems have helped immensely to develop our business into what it is today. A modern, slick and professionally run Freight Management Company. Without BOXTOP and their ALL IN ONE PACKAGE, our day to day handling of freight and documentation would be far more difficult to process. In my book a testament to their abilities.